Preserve Facility Information for Members and their Guests- 2016
Member ID Tags for pool and tennis court usage are available starting April 1st at the Preserve Center Office. New tags must be picked up each year for admission to the pool or tennis courts.
Children under 10 Years of age are not admitted to the pool unless accompanied by an adult or a signed parental waiver form if in the care of a nanny or sibling 16 years of age and older. No Exceptions. ***Unaccompanied Minors (age 10-18) must have an emergency contact number on file in the guard house.
The pool will be open weekends (Saturday/Sunday) beginning on Memorial weekend May 26/27/28 and open for the season seven days a week on Tuesday, June 12th (closed for staff training Monday, June 11th). The pool will close for the season after Labor Day weekend (September 3).
Hours of operation: Monday- Friday -Noon to 8 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sunday -11 a.m. to 7 p.m. **Pool opening date is always subject to weather conditions in the spring in order to prepare the pool complex.
Bad Weather: Pool must be closed for 30 minutes following lightning. In the case of severe weather (wind, rain) the pool may be closed for a short period or for the day based on safety factors and weather conditions.
If in doubt, call The Preserve Center at (952) 941-8400 or check our Facebook Page.
1. No Diving in Sand Bottom Lake Pool. Violation will result in immediate removal from the pool for the day. This zero entry pool is shallow and diving could result in severe personal injury. (This includes flips, standing, kneeling, or sitting dives, or any headfirst entry or any other dangerous entry as determined by lifeguards). Absolutely No Exceptions of Any Kind Will Be Made to This Rule.
2. No free swimming allowed in diving well. Only one person on a diving board at a time; one bounce only on boards; must swim to nearest ladder to exit pool. No balls or goggles allowed in the dive well. Children must be accompanied by an adult if under age 10.
3. Proper Swim Attire: Swimsuits must be worn if entering the water. If additional layers are worn they must be tightly fitting to the body. Denim, sweatshirts, sweatpants, or other heavy fabrics are never allowed in the pool. These can weigh down swimmers and be dangerous in emergencies.
4. No Flotation Devices allowed for anyone under the age of 18 at any time: Including water wings, air mattresses, flotation swimsuits, lifesavers and PFDs, as these devices provide false security. No beach or tennis balls. Squeeze balls are permitted.
5. Flotation devices may be used by adults only in the swimming lanes or on the adult beach, but can only be used for exercise purposes exclusively. These devices include kickboards and barbells, and must be signed out at the guardhouse daily. Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the daily pool manager.
6. Small children or other non-swimmers must be within arm’s reach (3 feet) of supervising/accompanying adult.
7. Showers: All swimmers must take a cleansing shower prior to entering the pool area for swimming.
8. Infections or Communicable Diseases: Persons having an infection, open sores, or communicable disease or illness are not permitted in the pool.
9. Spitting, Spouting of Water, Blowing Nose: Not permitted in the pool.
10. Mask, Fins and Snorkels: Not permitted.
The lifeguards are there to respond in emergency situations and maintain patron safety. Lifeguards have final authority over the rules and daily operations of the pool and will enforce the rules and adequately respond to other situations as deemed appropriate.
RULES OF OPERATION
1. Pool ID Tags: No tag-No entry. Each individual that enters the pool grounds must have a tag for entry and the tag must be shown to enter. Tags may not be shared or lent to anyone. Sharing of tags may result in tags being confiscated. Children must be at least 10 years old to enter pool without an adult and must have an emergency contact phone number on file with the Lifeguards.
2. Guests: Guests/Non-members must be accompanied by a Preserve member, no exceptions. Guest Fees are $5 per adult and $3 per child under age 18. Guest Pass Punch Cards (multiple uses) are available at Preserve Center Office.
3. Children in diapers: Children that wear diapers must wear a cloth diaper with plastic pants or specialty swim diapers to enter the pool. Specialty swim diapers can be purchased at the pool or brought in from home. Regular disposable diapers of any type are not allowed in the pools.
4. Unsafe or Inappropriate Behavior: If a person is deliberately breaking rules after lifeguard warning, they will be asked to leave for the day, and his or her ID tag may be confiscated based on the circumstances of the offense. If you are asked to leave for any reason during the summer, the first removal will be for a full 24 hours. On the second offense, the individual will not be allowed back to the pool for one full week. On the third and final offense, the individual will not be allowed back in the pool grounds for the remainder of the season.
5. No Smoking or Alcohol in the Entire Pool Facility. Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to use the facility.
6. No Pets allowed.
7. No Swimming when pool is closed: The police will be called if a person is caught swimming after regular pool hours, swimming privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the season and the individual can and will be prosecuted for trespassing.
8. Glass: No glass of any kind is permitted in the pool area. This includes, but is not limited to, soda bottles, drinking glasses, mirrors and glass swim masks.
9. Eating is allowed in designated picnic area only. No food or beverage, other than water, allowed on the beach. Please recycle cans and plastics in provided containers.
10. Running or Rough Play: Not permitted.
11. Visiting with the lifeguards is prohibited. Their attention must be focused on swimmers.
12. Digging: No digging of deep holes on the beach. Small holes must be filled before leaving the area.
13. Lost or Stolen Property: The Preserve Association is not responsible for lost or stolen items, but does provide a “Lost & Found”. Please do not bring valuable possessions to the pool.
Lake Pond/ Sand Bottom Pool – 3/4 acres of surface water with sand bottom and beaches. Water is continuously filtered and treated meeting the highest standards.
Diving Pool – adjacent to main pool is a 42” x 50’ x 13 ½ dive pool with two one-meter boards.
Ice Cream Treats for sale
Preserve Office Hours:
Thursdays May 17th- June 28th 8:00-6:00
Summer hours June 4-August 27: Monday-Friday 8:30- 4:30.
For more information call (952) 941-8400 or visit preserveassociation.com.
For up to date Preserve Pool opening and closing information go to our Facebook page.